I was on my way home from Fayetteville, NC driving on the interstate when a small truck in front of me slammed on his brakes. Cars were all around me and I only had a few seconds to brake before I slammed into the back of his vehicle. My initial thoughts "this is really really bad."In the last six weeks I have realized that to call something "bad" or "good" is to create a label and then most often we create a story around that thing. For example, the accident was "bad" because I totaled my car and had to spend a bunch of money to get things back to normal.
|It can go fast or slow - its your choice|
Letting Go and Letting God (or spirit or whatever you feel comfortable calling that greater power) allowed me the incredible opportunity to see that I was unconsciously starting to re-create situations in my life that I had worked so hard to dissolve when I moved here. Its incredible how caught up we can become in the daily routine of living and we forget to step back and have a spiritual practice that allows us to create space.
Space is best created through meditation. Now, I am one of those people who fights my ego to meditate - its very challenging for me to sit and think of NOTHING for even 5-10 minutes but when I do, the gifts I receive are so plentiful. So how do you begin the art of meditation?
|Sitting in a chair or on the floor will do.|
The best way to begin meditating...
- Sit comfortably in a chair with your feet planted firmly on the ground
- Dont rest your back on the chair
- Place your palms face up on your upper legs
- Breathe! Concentrate and focus your mind on feeling your body (what does it feel like to have your feet planted firmly on the ground? What does it feel like to have your legs touching the chair)
- Then slowly feel the energy moving throughout your body start feeling the energy in your feet, then your legs, then upwards till you reach the top of your head)
- If your mind begins to wander, thats okay - just allow yourself to feel the power of your presence - give yourself the gift of just 5 minutes of thinking about nothing except the energy of your body
- Be patient with yourself it takes time! The thoughts will come and thats normal - just dismiss them for the time
- See what messages you feel come to you - if you get quiet enough you may get a beautiful piece of information from your higher self :)
Email marni with your thoughts! email@example.com