Saturday, February 4, 2012
This morning I am reviewing the techniques we have learned while taking class
with my dear friend Nancy Burns on Intuitive Healing.
The first one I am focusing on is how to open and balance our chakras. (click link if you need help understanding what chakras are)
Here is one technique called "Sound Breathing" that Nancy shared with us
Large breath in to begin each chakra.
Focus attention on the chakra, vividly picture the color and make the long continuous sound on the outbreath. Hold the sound as long as comfortably possible without repeating.
Visualize the chakra open in front and back and spinning in a clockwise manner
- root – red – sound aah (safety)
- sacral – orange – sound ooh (creativity/sexuality)
- solar plexus – yellow – sound o (will power)
- heart – green – sound u (love)
- throat – blue – sound e (voice)
- third eye – violet – sound sunnnn (intuition)
- crown – creamy white – sound summmm (divinity)
- above - ohm
Another version replaces the sounds with Lam, Vam, Ram, Yam, Ham, Om, Om, Om – in same order.
Would love to hear about your experience with this. How is it for you? Please comment below.