Saturday, February 4, 2012

Happy Today


"Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself:
I, not events, have the power to make 
me happy or unhappy today. 
I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, 
tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, 
and I'm going to be happy in it."
-Groucho Marx

This morning I am reviewing the techniques we have learned while taking class 
with my dear friend Nancy Burns on Intuitive Healing.

The first one I am focusing on is how to open and balance our chakras. (click link if you need help understanding what chakras are)

Here is one technique called "Sound Breathing" that Nancy shared with us

Sound breathing:

Large breath in to begin each chakra.

Focus attention on the chakra, vividly picture the color and make the long continuous sound on the outbreath.  Hold the sound as long as comfortably possible without repeating.

Visualize the chakra open in front and back and spinning in a clockwise manner

-          root – red – sound aah (safety)
-          sacral – orange – sound ooh (creativity/sexuality)
-          solar plexus – yellow – sound o (will power)
-          heart – green – sound u (love)
-          throat – blue – sound e (voice)
-          third eye – violet – sound sunnnn (intuition)
-          crown – creamy white – sound summmm (divinity)
-          above - ohm

Another version replaces the sounds with Lam, Vam, Ram, Yam, Ham, Om, Om, Om – in same order.

Would love to hear about your experience with this. How is it for you? Please comment below.

Enjoy!


1 comment: