Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Specific Goal Setting - Create the Life You Want

What is it that you really want?

When is the last time you asked yourself that question?


Not what your spouse or life partners wants, not your family or friends, but YOU. As we get older we fall so much into the day to day that we forget that we have the ability to dream - and create... remember what it was like when you were a child and you had those BIG dreams. What were they? More importantly, what are they NOW?

I have been reconnecting to my dreams and meditating on what exactly it is that I want in my life. It is so much fun when you don't let limited beliefs get in the way of your dreams.

Edwine Gaines says, " One of the main reasons people don't reach for their goals is that they believe there is something about themselves that will prevent them from getting whatever it is they really want in their deepest heart of hearts."

You see, anything is possible - who told you it wasn't ??

The thing is that you must take steps toward the dreams you want.


Goethe said, "whatever you do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius and power and magic in it."

Don't worry that your dreams are bigger than your bank account!

There is more than enough to go around - there is abundance EVERYWHERE! Its just a matter of learning to be aware of our own limited self beliefs. Those ideas and stories that creep into our mind (aka that little voice that says "no , you can't do that."

First thing first... if you want something you have to get SPECIFIC! After all... how can the universe start to move to help you if you aren't even sure what you want.

If I wanted to get something to eat and I walked into the supermarket and told the cashier to just "give me whatever" would I end up with what I want? Certainly not -- I would say I want a box of whole wheat crackers or whatever. See what I'm sayin' ?

I love the 21 day challenge that Edwine Gains references in her book, "The Four Spiritual Laws of Prosperity" Here is what she says... you have to be POWERFUL, "power is what you need to accomplish great things. But first you must be faithful in small matters before you'll be made a master over great matters."

Here is the challenge, ready for it? (thank you Edwine!)

NO COMPLAINING FOR 21 DAYS!

This means:
  • No criticism
  • No bitchin
  • No gossip
AND IF YOU SLIP, YOU WILL HAVE TO FORGIVE YOURSELF AND START ALL OVER.

AFTER THIS FAST YOU WILL FIND OUT HOW POWERFUL YOU REALLY ARE.

I started my 21 day cycle and you know what, I'm lovin' it! If you are ready to start, let me know...lets do it together. Share it with a few friends and pay it forward.

Blessings to you,

Marni



Email marni with your thoughts! marniblythe@gmail.com

Link in with me:
http://www.linkedin.com/in/marniblythe

Tweet with me:
marni_blythe

4 comments: